Is it possible to save or export the EBSD file to .crc or .cpr format.

Hui Shi

Feb 19, 2018, 4:46:31 AM2/19/18
to MTEX
Hello, everyone,

I already searched long time on the internet but still don't get an answer.
Could you please kindly tell me is it possible to save or export the EBSD file to .crc or .cpr format.

All the best,

Maggie

ruediger Kilian

Feb 19, 2018, 6:51:56 AM2/19/18
to mtex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
no in mtex you cannot save your ebsd to those formats.
However, you can write them into a text file and - for now - manually tweak it to behave like a .ctf.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Rüdiger

signature.asc

Frank

Apr 17, 2019, 9:56:21 PM4/17/19
to MTEX
Hi,

I have just written a short function to export mtex ebsd objects to Channel Text Files (ctf). Maybe this is of help for you. You can find the function here:
https://github.com/frankNiessen/exportCTF

Cheers
Frank

Sara -

Apr 30, 2019, 1:54:09 AM4/30/19
to MTEX

Hi Frank!
Is it possible to save the clean ebsd in the .ctf file?
With the command: "exportCTF (ebsd, '1.ctf')" I save the file with the image of the beginning ..... I think the problem is that I need to put some variable but I do not know which.
Can you help me?
Thank you
Sara

Ralf Hielscher

Apr 30, 2019, 5:33:49 AM4/30/19
to MTEX
Hi Frank,

would you mind if I include you code into MTEX? Would you like to open a pull request? This way it would be more clear that this code belongs to you.

Thank you very much,

Ralf.

David Mainprice

May 20, 2019, 10:05:48 AM5/20/19
to mtex...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ralf,

I have made two Demos

 a) 3D-bar histogram of stiffness values, this updates first version some time ago. It now occurs to me it would have a normalised plot so I could give a percent contribution. Now the problem is how to use a negative contributions in minerals like alpha-quartz. Do you have any suggestions ?

b) Very short contribution of how use shear modulus, but we do not have anything in the help so far. I include the shearModulus.m as MTEX does not find the m-file 5.2.beta3

all the best David

Demo_Slip_System_Shear_Modulus.m
shearModulus.m
Stiffness_Voigt_Matrix_in_3D_Histo.m
Demo_Single_Crystal_Stiffness_Matrix_3D_Plots_quartz.m
Demo_Single_Crystal_Stiffness_Matrix_3D_Plots_olivine.m

ruediger Kilian

May 20, 2019, 12:35:30 PM5/20/19
to mtex...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
changing

C = tensor(M,cs_Tensor);

C = stiffnessTensor(M,cs_Tensor);

makes the shearModulus function work as it is within mtex.

Cheers,
Rüdiger

Zelda Grey

Jan 10, 2021, 2:53:05 PM1/10/21
to MTEX
Hi Frank,
I came across the script when I had trouble to read cpr/crc EBSD files on Mtex. As I understand, both files need to be in the same folder and they represent their ctf equivalent.  theThe problem was, Matlab kept throwing 'Warning: Escaped character '\U' is not valid. See 'doc sprintf' for supported special characters.' error after I had changed the names of the files.

Anyway, I reinstate their original name, and, Frank thanks to your script, I exported them as a single ctf file.
Sara, I do not know what is your problem but when I run exportCTF (ebsd, '1.ctf'), it just saved the file to the directory of my choice. Probably you need to check which directory you had saved.
Thanks
Zelda