Remote server

junior tehe

Jan 2, 2019, 5:07:10 PM1/2/19
to mtail-users
Hello Everybody,
I just want to know if is it possible to use mtail command for remote servers. i mean how to scrap metrics log (request code) for a remote server. If yes, how can i do it?
I need your help.

Jamie Wilkinson

Jan 2, 2019, 5:19:52 PM1/2/19
to junior tehe, mtail-users
mtail can only read files and named pipes.  If you wanted, you could try to make a named pipe receive from a TCP socket using something like netcat or socat; if you wanted you could nfs mount the remote filesystem to make the files visble to mtail.

However I don't recommend either -- the best way to get logs from a remote system to mtail is to use a log transport like rsyslog and then write them to a named pipe for mtail to consume.

junior tehe

Jan 3, 2019, 3:17:36 PM1/3/19
to Jamie Wilkinson, mtail-users
I will try this option. thanks!