LIRR TrainTime feeds down?

Ariel S

Jun 12, 2021, 11:12:51 AMJun 12
to mtadeveloperresources

Hello,

I am unable to access the TraimTime feeds (https://traintime.lirr.org/api/Departure). They just return a HTTP 500 error status.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

Thanks

Fisher, Will

Jun 14, 2021, 12:21:29 PMJun 14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is back temporarily but will be deprecated and removed over the next couple weeks. Please use our GTFS-RT feed instead — it has all the same data.

Best,

Will

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail. Unauthorized disclosure of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy this message and all copies thereof, including all attachments.

clevercommute

Aug 17, 2021, 8:47:52 PMAug 17
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi -

I understand that a migration is needed.
Can LIRR provide an actual deco date so that Dev teams can prioritize their various initiatives?

Thanks,

Fisher, Will

Aug 19, 2021, 9:39:01 AMAug 19
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

(Probably a couple months at this rate.)

clevercommute

Aug 22, 2021, 9:41:52 PMAug 22
to mtadeveloperresources
Will,

In a way, this is good news...but my board is pushing on me to truly lay out the work ahead on my app.
We take in data from LIRR, MNR, NJT and half-a-dozen bus companies.
There is also the next versions of my front-end AND back-end languages.
Also, my DBMS version...my OS version...and my web server version.

My point is that there are always moving parts / hygiene / migrations needed...but I'm hopeful that MTA can commit to a real date so that I can prioritize.
I'm not looking to hassle you...but I'm just trying to triage

Thanks

Fisher, Will

Aug 23, 2021, 10:30:47 AMAug 23
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

These will be decommissioned on October 18th.

Best,

Will

clevercommute

Aug 28, 2021, 5:14:55 PMAug 28
to mtadeveloperresources
Thank you.
My developer tells me I need an API key...and that's understandable.
But I checked my notes, and I believe I have one. My notes show this:

MTA says login here: http://datamine.mta.info/user
password: [[redacted]]
MTA API KEY: [[redacted...but I certainly have one]]

After logging in, you can access our real-time data feed from
http://datamine.mta.info/mta_esi.php?key=[[redacted key which I am not sharing here]]
---
And when I go to https://api.mta.info/#/signin ...my user ID and password above do not work.

I imagine your reply will be "you need to register and we'll assign you some other API key".
But then I'll have one account (one e-mail address) ...with 2 different API keys

Now that old API key above...and the link it uses are not working...but can you shed any insight into what is going on?
How I can be sure that nothing in my 15 year old code base will break when my ID is associated with a new API key?

jge...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2021, 9:47:22 AMSep 1
to mtadeveloperresources
You'll need to create a new account and key for api.mta.info. We didn't migrate datamine account to hte new platform.

clevercommute

Sep 13, 2021, 7:56:18 PMSep 13
to mtadeveloperresources
Ah, I see...thanks