Issues with Broad Channel

Federico Moretto

Jul 27, 2022, 12:16:46 PM7/27/22
to mtadeveloperresources
Hello,

I believe there is something off with Broad Channel station. What I noticed is that
  • there are two IDs for this station (H04 and H19) in stops.txt, but:
  1. even though only the coordinates of the first one refer to the actual station, both IDs are used in the GTFS real time feed;
  2. no information is available for H19 in stop_times.txt, neither in regular nor in supplemented GTFS files
  • northbound A trains have "Broad Channel" as their headsign instead, although this is correct only for southbound trains
Should we account for these errors before displaying information regarding the above station? Do you have any advice on how to treat H19 trips?

Raschke, Kurt

Jul 27, 2022, 10:46:05 PM7/27/22
to mtadeveloperresources
H19 is a non-revenue timepoint which will only appear in the GTFS-rt feed, and which can be discarded (see prior discussion of this issue here).

As for headsigns, could you clarify what you are seeing? Broad Channel is the expected northern terminus for Rockaway Park Shuttle trains (route ID 'H').

Kurt Raschke
NYCT | Subways | Technology