Were there API changes?

clevercommute

Nov 20, 2023, 8:53:34 PM11/20/23
to mtadeveloperresources
My Dev team informed me of a change to the API.
We were not aware that this change was happening and it caused an incident

trip_id
OLD:GO203_23_2752
NEW: GO203_23_PTT_2752

Please confirm this change

clevercommute

Nov 26, 2023, 8:14:14 PM11/26/23
to mtadeveloperresources

Hi

Just giving this a bump.
To be clear: it appears that MTA changed the format of the payload.
Can anyone challenge or verify what we saw?

Thanks,

--Josh

Sunny

Nov 26, 2023, 8:37:30 PM11/26/23
to mtadeveloperresources
Trip ID's for SCHEDULED trips in GTFS-RT always correspond with the trip_id values in the latest GTFS Static file for LIRR, as required by the GTFS-RT specification. They are merely internal/matching identifiers, and not meant to be shown to riders, parsed to dissect underlying values, nor for any other purpose. We reserve the right to change the format of the ID as needed by changes to our underlying systems or any other reason, without notification.

If you need the train number, please use the trip_short_name column from the static feed.

אודיה סעדון

Nov 29, 2023, 9:36:23 AM11/29/23
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi everyone
I tried using the various links from the MTA website and got a strange format in the response.
Of course, I included in my request the API KEY I received from the website.
I don't know how to get the data, and I need it.
I'd love to hear how to fix this, or how to properly use API calls
Thanks!
ב-יום שני, 27 בנובמבר 2023 בשעה 03:14:14 UTC+2, clevercommute כתב/ה:

Sunny

Nov 29, 2023, 10:37:39 AM11/29/23
to mtadeveloperresources
The real time feeds are in protocol buffer format, which is a binary format that you will have to parse.

אודיה סעדון

Nov 29, 2023, 11:09:21 AM11/29/23
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much!

Can you help me and tell me how to convert it? I don't know it, and this is important to me for my project.
Thank you!

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 29 בנוב׳ 2023 ב-17:37 מאת ‪'Sunny' via mtadeveloperresources‬‏ <‪mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com‬‏>:‬

Preston Marshall

Nov 29, 2023, 5:02:56 PM11/29/23
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
What language are you using? A lot of languages have libraries that can decode GTFS or Protobufs.

אודיה סעדון

Nov 30, 2023, 2:06:13 AM11/30/23
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I Use JS.