Many More API Failures

Andrew Goh

Jul 18, 2024, 11:15:13 PM (5 hours ago) Jul 18
to mtadeveloperresources
I've been trying to collect data from the bus API over the past month it's been reliable until the past 2 days. Just yesterday, I had 42 server-side errors (status code = 500) and today I'm seeing similar numbers. Prior to yesterday, there are no more than 10 failures / day, so I'm wondering if anyone has any context for what might be causing this issue.

Some additional details:
  1. I make a request every 2 minutes, which is within the limits set by the API guidelines
  2. The spikes in failure count does not seem correlated with hot temperatures in NYC. There's been a recent heatwave, but the days with high failure count don't occur during the days having spikes in temperature