NYC subway lines data

Jesse Lang

Jul 28, 2022, 10:44:04 AM7/28/22
to mtadeveloperresources
Hello,

Hopefully this is the right group for this question.

I'm looking to use data on subway lines in NYC and there's a dataset on the NYC open data page provided by MTA that looks promising but I'm running into some issues actually using the shapefiles. Dataset available here: https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Transportation/Subway-Lines/3qz8-muuu

Each linestring (row of the table) is essentially a segment of a subway line between two distinct stops, but the table doesn't specify the two stations that each row is associated with. Does anybody know if there is metadata available to link the ID of each linestring with the associated stations? Ideally looking for station complexes, i.e. as specified in ridership data (which I have recently learned are different than subway stations specified in the Subway Stations dataset on NYC open data - but alternately if anybody has a tool to translate from subway stations to station complexes, I'll take whatever I can get!).

Many thanks,
Jesse