Installation Runtime Error

Neil5280

Aug 31, 2011, 6:08:39 PM8/31/11
to msysGit
Hello,

I'm attempting to install msysGit 1.7.4 at work.

At the end of the install, I'm presented with an error dialog box with
the following title: Git Setup

The text within the error box reads:
Runtime Error (at 134:9795):

IPersistFile::Save failed; code 0x80070003.

I click the OK button, and the installation finishes.

It appears as though everything is working, but I hate the nagging
feeling that a file save that should have occurred, failed.

What information is my installation missing out on because of this
failure?

What repercussions I can expect from ignoring this error and
continuing to use msysGit as if nothing bad happened?

I'm hoping that someone on this mailing list, who is familiar with the
code base, can tell me the cause of the problem, and answer the two
questions above.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Sincerely,

neil5280

Michael Donahue

Oct 6, 2015, 9:46:12 PM10/6/15
to Git for Windows
Neil,

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  I'm getting the same error when I install Git in the background with chocolatey being run by puppet.

Thanks,

- mjd2015gdy

Johannes Schindelin

Oct 7, 2015, 6:07:07 AM10/7/15
to Michael Donahue, Git for Windows
Hi Michael,

On 2015-10-07 03:46, Michael Donahue wrote:

> Did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm getting the same error
> when I
> install Git in the background with chocolatey being run by puppet.

Please note that

- you mailed to the mailing list of Git for Windows 1.x which was
retired when I published Git for Windows 2.x:
https://git-for-windows.github.io/

- If you seek assistance with a bug, it is best to be quite a bit more
verbose. See our guide lines:
https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/wiki/Issue-reporting-guidelines

- The very best idea to discuss a bug is to open a ticket (see the same
link) and volunteering as much information as necessary to reproduce
quickly and painlessly for anybody who wants to help.

Ciao,
Johannes