Value of [Setup] section directive "VersionInfoVersion" is invalid

Ilia Basin

Mar 26, 2014, 3:49:09 PM3/26/14
to msy...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to repeat the release of Git-1.9.0-preview20140217.
Installed from net setup, no real submodules. Partially following share\WinGit\HowToRelease.txt

    cd /share/WinGit
    git tag -f -a -m "Git-testbuild" Git-testbuild
    ./release.sh testbuild

    Launching Inno Setup compiler ...
    Error on line 48 in C:\Users\il\AppData\Local\Temp\WinGit\install.iss: Value of [Setup] section directive "VersionInfoVersion" is invalid.
    Compile aborted.

Johannes Schindelin

Mar 26, 2014, 6:05:41 PM3/26/14
to Ilia Basin, msy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilia,

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014, Ilia Basin wrote:

> I'm trying to repeat the release of Git-1.9.0-preview20140217.
> Installed from net setup, no real submodules. Partially following
> share\WinGit\HowToRelease.txt
>
> cd /share/WinGit
> git tag -f -a -m "Git-testbuild" Git-testbuild
> ./release.sh testbuild

That is out of date. You should not tag yourself, it is part of the
script (see for yourself by looking at the release.sh script).

> Launching Inno Setup compiler ...
> Error on line 48 in C:\Users\il\AppData\Local\Temp\WinGit\install.iss:
> Value of [Setup] section directive "VersionInfoVersion" is invalid.
> Compile aborted.

The line in question is here:
https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/blob/master/share/WinGit/install.iss#L48

For the record: pasting such links into your original mail will make it
easier for others to follow your descriptions, and therefore you will get
more help, quicker, if you do it.

That line, for the record, reads:

VersionInfoVersion={#APP_VERSION}

so most likely it uses "testbuild" and is unhappy about the lack of
numbers.

Ciao,
Johannes