hosting a show and new photo contest

MSU Photo Club

Oct 24, 2008, 7:13:28 PM10/24/08
to ande...@msu.edu, arno...@msu.edu, benn...@msu.edu, bent...@msu.edu, boye...@msu.edu, buny...@msu.edu, case...@msu.edu, darn...@msu.edu, dud...@msu.edu, ford...@msu.edu, galb...@msu.edu, hard...@msu.edu, hart...@msu.edu, hone...@msu.edu, jaco...@msu.edu, jime...@msu.edu, joe...@gmail.com, john...@msu.edu, jona...@msu.edu, knop...@msu.edu, kuhn...@msu.edu, lich...@msu.edu, liev...@msu.edu, loef...@msu.edu, lope...@msu.edu, lowd...@msu.edu, maru...@msu.edu, mill...@msu.edu, napo...@msu.edu, paol...@msu.edu, ph...@msu.edu, radv...@msu.edu, rube...@msu.edu, sali...@msu.edu, sava...@msu.edu, valerie.lyn...@gmail.com, vese...@msu.edu, ziol...@msu.edu, zohd...@msu.edu, zwol...@msu.edu, A. Louis Villafranca, Agnieszka Anna Spieszny, Alexandra Bennett, Alexandra Marie Albers, Allison Pluda, Amanda Jeannee Parker, Amy Lee Hendrickson, Ashley Kay Burnside, Ashley Lyn Hughes, Ashley Powell, Ben Lindstrom, Caralyn Ann Shelton, Cassie Lynne Allore, Chelsea Lynn Wyke, Chelsea Muscoe, Christina Lee Harrison, Christine Renee Milster, Churlsun Han”, Cristine Baetz, D. Corey Noyes, Daegeun Jo, Dana Lynn Hernalsteen, Danielle Mary Cermak, Diana Schwab, Doug Waggoner, Elise Marie Dewolf-Ott, Ellina Marie Stein, Emily Marie Hall, Emma Marie Lentini, Emmalilly Hoxsie, Eric Henry Mackinnon, Evan Farinosi, Fu Faan Fanny Lai, Gabriella Gonzales, Giovanna Moreano, Hallie Merritt Tripp, Hella Bolck, Irina Nedic, James Courtney Robinson, Jean-Francois Dupuis, Jessica Victoria Duell, Ji Zhengping, Jin A Myung, Josephine Renee Slavsky, Josh Radtke, Joshua June, Julie Marie Sinon, Jung Su Kang, kailie gannon, Katherine Gayle Clifford, Kelli Lewis, Kendall Moore, Keon Ho Seo, Kristen Louise Kaweck, Kumar Pongaliur, Lauren Burrell, Lauren Elizabeth Kelley, Lauren Margaret Wood, Leanne Christine Gray, Lindsay Catherine Gluf, Makena Schultz, Mandy Lynn Presley, Manko, Ted, Mara Sculler, Margaret Marzena Marciniak, Matthew Donovan Fountain, Mayur Mudigonda, Meagan Drelles, Megan Owen Peters, Megan Sistachs, Meghan Brooke Colson, Meghan Burke, Mehak Bansil, Michaelene Novak, Michelle Kathleen Mize, Michelle Mary Leppek, Michelle Therese Mcnulty, Mindy Hu, Miranda Irene Sperry, MSUPC Google Group, N Shea Hester-Haddad, Natalie Probst, Nicole Alexandra Dowdall, Patrick Gerard Reimann, Patrick Larabell, Peter Glendinning, Pierre Blake E. Bourgault, Rakhee Krishnakumar Bajaj, Randall Marie Lawrence, Ravi Vora, Rebecca Case, Rebekah Lee Mullen, Richard Roger Goltowski, Rick Rokely, Rob Gingerich, saliha kozan, Sarah Elizabeth Grojean, Shawn Robert Wright, Shiny Ann Abraham, Stacy Goodman, Stephanie Hanson, Syhming Vong, Thomas John Covington, Tomomi Suwa, Tyler Jeffrey Shumway, Valerie Paige Klemmer, Viet Nguyen, Wendy Roberts, Xiaojie Liu, Zachary Aaron Dovitz, “Abbey Christine Sanders”, “Alex Jacque”, “Alex Kerbawy”, “Ali Alizadeh”, “Amanda Faas”, “Amanda Gillis”, “Amy Telinda”, “Andrew Bajaj”, “Andrew Cross”, “Andrew Joseph Keilen”, “Andy Ley”, “Angela Duncan”, “Ashley Nicole Duncan”, “Brandon Lake”, “Brian Joseph Laskowski”, “Brittney Novak”, “Brittney Tanis”, “Brooke Ramsey”, “Bugsy Sailor”, “Caitlin Dobson”, “Carly Scheneider”, “Chandra Allard”, “Chris Lee”, “Courtney Burgam”, “Damon Kendrick”, “Daniel Blenman”, “Daniel Martin Herriges”, “Danielle Dawson”, “Dennis Lorenz”, “Don Amboyer”, “Dustin James White”, “Elizabeth A Means”, “Emma Madison”, “Eric Anderson”, “Eric Czuprenski”, “Erica Muller”, “Erich Zechar”, “Hannah Shari Engelson”, “Heather Niedenthal”, “Jason Chiou”, “Jeff Proulx”, “Jen Busch”, “John Atiza”, “Josh Grasso”, “Julia Greenwald”, “Julie Cremer”, “Justin Rinde”, “Kalysta Marie Cleary”, “Kathryn Elizabeth Clark”, “Katie Marie Licht”, “Kelley Rohan”, “Kimi Nakatsukasa”, “Krista Rogers”, “Kristen Clauder”, “Kristin Wild”, “Laura Knott”, “Laura Miller”, “Liz Cramer”, “Lucy Allbaugh”, “Lynda Stinson”, “Mallory Anderson”, “Mary Beth Almond”, “Matthew Nelson”, “Matthew Windedahl”, “Megan Holt”, “Meghan Holtz”, “Melanie Heitmann”, “Melissa Camille Poirier”, “Melissa Casey James”, “Michael Ludwig”, “Michaela Abbs”, “Monica Dalmia”, “Natalia Kowaleczko”, “Neil Aaronson”, “Neil Bloem”, “Nicholas Jacob Robinson”, “Nicole Nannetti”, “Patel Jenil”, “Paul Kucher”, “Rachel Brown”, “Rachel Solomon”, “Sara Buccilli”, “Sarah Lindsay”, “Sarah McLeod”, “Sarah Nelson”, “Savanna Boutwell”, “Shane Krouse”, “Shelley Smith”, “Stephanie Drob”, “Stephanie Harlan”, “Stephanie Koszalka”, “Tamara Olton”, “Taylor Daniel Newson”, “Tom Tai”, “Visishta Cheerala”
Here is a great opportunity that was given to our club! If you are interested in vlogging (video bloggin) about photography, here is your chance! If you are intrested, please contact her ASAP, her email is at the end.

If you go to www.yobi.tv the main home page will open with the video which is the weekly show that is being filmed at MSU studios. If you go to the home pages of the contest channels of Sing, Laugh, and Film, you will see the videos of the vlog hosts of those channels.

When you go to the home page of the YOBI Pics contest channel you will see a video of our host calling for vloggers to host that photography contest channel. The reason for this email is that we have received some audition videos from college photo clubs where a group of 3 or 4 of them would like to host, talk about photography (how to, what's new, famous pics, how many pics in everyone"s facebooks that could be making money, challenge other schools, etc) and Berj , our co host thought that your club may be interested. I would love to give MSU the first opportunity.

The people that host the channels may not enter the contests. If, for example, you and 2-3 others choose to be the regular hosts, all others in your photo club may enter however you may not try to hype their entries.......  We ask that you keep it PG13 and do not hype up or dis any contest entry, you can comment of course when you talk about the winner but not so much that it looks like we are trying to rig the contest. Definitely have fun and put your personalities in it so that other schools are jealous they were not chosen :)  You/the hosts would also set up an MSU Photo Club profile where you can show off your own photos ...... but you could not enter them in the contest.

Check out the "semi finalists" pages on each channel to see who has won and how many weeks into each contest we have gone. There are 30 weekly chances to win a spot in the semi finals at the end of the 30 weeks to then compete for the cash prizes. The contests end each Sunday at 11pm after which I would send you an email and let you know who won and anything new on YOBI. Then you would send us a new vlog every Monday (2-4 minutes) that would include talking about (and show a clip if you want) of the winner and anything else you want that would mainly be about photography of course..... again, talk about your club, new camera's or photo-phones, Facebook photo albums, challenge other schools to join-create profiles- and build a like-minded friend base...

We do need to choose very soon as the other 3 vloggers have been up and this one is needed like yesterday. So please look around the site and let me know if you have more questions as soon as you can. Thank you.

Dianne Victor, CEO
YOBI.tv
ianne...@comcast.net

Its time to enter Outdoor Photographer's Nature's Colors Photo Contest. Submit your most colorful photos from around world—and enter for a chance to win amazing prizes! By entering online, your photos get added to our online gallery (once approved). Plus, you'll become eligible to win a People's Choice Award (in addition to the Grand Prize and First Place prizes).  Photos must be submitted by November 10, 2008. Click here for more details. Every one of you guys should enter, you have nothing to lose!

dont forget about going to the Cider Mill this sunday, its not too late! check out the clubs calendar here for more info. happy shooting!

Allison Pluda
MSUPC President