new Member

Les Ball

Oct 1, 2007, 4:20:00 PM10/1/07
to msscr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've not done any ms scripting yet but have done a little Jaws
scripting.
first question:
In the scripting manual which is apparently written for the Legacy
commands (unless someone has a more up to date version)it says that to
find the proper name for the app. run the app. and then
alt+shift+ctrl.
I have a dell axim x30 and this command does nothing at all, and this
is true of at least one other member.
I've written several times to codefactory support and have had no
answers. Any body any ideas?
Thanks
Les.

Mark Torgerson

Oct 1, 2007, 5:39:33 PM10/1/07
to msscr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Les,
First I wanted to say welcome to the list. As far as the command keys
for your particular phone goes I do not have any personal experience But I
hope you will find your answer on this list.

God bless,

Mark

Brett

Oct 1, 2007, 9:25:36 PM10/1/07
to msscr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I too am a new member to this list. Currently I have a Symbian phone with
Talks, but am looking at upgrading soon and haven't yet decided weather to
go to a 3rd edition Symbian phone or to go a smart phone. Looking at the
scripting manual, it only talks about Mobile speak pocket, so does anyone
know if scripting support is available in MSS? The manual definitely needs
an update or it is in danger of becoming irrelevant.

Many thanks,
Brett.

Mark Torgerson

Oct 1, 2007, 9:37:51 PM10/1/07
to msscr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brett,
I believe that scripting for MSS should be available but I have no
personal experience because I am running MSP. On the manual the latest
version should be available on the code factory website. As I understand it
MSP is generally used on Smart phones and MSS on PDA's ETC. There are others
on the list that know more on this than I do and they will be able to give
you better advice.

God bless,
Mark