MSSA Racing News

1 view

MSSA Vice Commodore

May 15, 2023, 3:13:10 PM5/15/23
to MSSA
Hello MSSA Members,

Some updates on the racing program:
The Barrister cup - the first race of the MSSA season, is Saturday. The yearbook lists the start time as 1400. The MSSA calendar has it starting at 1000. I would like to start at 10 so we have more time for racing. Any objections to a 1000 start time? Last year it did start at 1400 to allow for more boats to be prepared. This year the race is a week later, so I'd like to start at 1000

The MSSA Yearbook has the wrong courses. MSSA mark A is now mark M. So the correct courses are
So the courses should be:

COURSE

MARKS

COMMENTS

"A"

(M)JKLS

all marks to port

"B"

(Y)MKLS

Pass “Y” and "M" to starboard/all other marks to port

"C"

(M)LKJS

all marks to starboard

"D"

(M)TLKS

Pass 1st “M” and "T" to port/all other marks to starboard

Note: ( ) indicates starting mark

Again, MSSA mark M is the mark formerly known as "A". Mark "S" is mark M (or Y) when used as a finishing mark.

Ths MSSA web page also has the wrong courses but that will be corrected tonight (thanks to John Hobbs).

Remember the Barrister cup is a self start / self finish. Remember to record your finish time, announce it on VHF 72 and email it to 'sco...@mssa.org'

Sound's Great (my boat) will be the Race Official. I will be on site early and i will announce the course as soon as possible.

Please contact me with any questions. i'm really looking forward to the start of the MSSA racing season!

Barry

Barry Lenoble
MSSA Vice Commodore

Kenneth nilsen

May 17, 2023, 6:57:39 PM5/17/23
to MSSA Vice Commodore, MSSA
Barry,

Have you officially moved the start time to 10am. Im 50/50 on making it at 1000, 1400 is a definite no go for me since I'm working night shifts all weekend.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone

On May 15, 2023, at 3:13 PM, MSSA Vice Commodore <vice.co...@mssa.org> wrote:

This message is from the MSSA Google Group.
Replies are sent to the author of the message.

To post to the group, send email to ms...@googlegroups.com
To change your email settings go to http://groups.google.com/group/mssa

---

MSSA Vice Commodore

May 17, 2023, 7:11:49 PM5/17/23
to Kenneth nilsen, MSSA
Hello,

The weather for Saturday is currently calling for rain in the afternoon. So the race start will at 1000.

Barry
--
Barry Lenoble
MSSA Vice Commodore