Crew Needed for Block Island Race

Barry Lenoble

May 23, 2023, 2:30:20 PM5/23/23
to MSSA
Hello MSSA Sailors,

On Friday I will be sailing in the Block Island race. One of my crew is injured and can't race. I'm looking for a last minute replacement.

The race starts Friday afternoon at 2:00PM outside Stamford Harbor. We sail to Plum Island and then back to Stamford, for a distance of 130nm.

I will be departing Mt. Sinai Friday morning, around 10:00AM.  We should finish sometime Saturday afternoon and be home in Mt .Sinai Saturday evening.

This is a good opportunity for someone looking to try distance racing. I have 5 crew, I am looking for one more. I could take 2 more, so if you and a friend want to join us that would be great.

You need sailing experience, preferably racing. You should have safety gear, preferably an offshore PFD and tether but I can probably find one for you.

If you are interested and want more information, please contact me via email, text or call.

Thanks,
Barry

Barry Lenoble
Sound's Great
2011 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409

John Sugrue

May 24, 2023, 12:40:02 AM5/24/23
to lenobl...@gmail.com, MSSA
Barry , sorry I cannot help you out but sounds like a fun race.
The next weekend, July 2/3/4 , I will be sailing over to Westport for a beneteau first 36.7 One design regatta if I can get 1 or 2 crew with asymmetric spinnaker flying abilities.
Let me know if you know anyone who might want to join.
Anyone who could join could sail there and back Friday Sunday or meet there for just the races or sail one way and take the ferry the other . They just need to be there for a handful of races Saturday between 9 am and 3 pm and a couple on Sunday as well similar 9am to 3 pm.

Thanks,
John

Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2023, at 2:30 PM, Barry Lenoble <lenobl...@gmail.com> wrote:

This message is from the MSSA Google Group.
Replies are sent to the author of the message.

To post to the group, send email to ms...@googlegroups.com
To change your email settings go to http://groups.google.com/group/mssa

---

Audra Hallock

May 24, 2023, 11:27:10 AM5/24/23
to John Sugrue, Barry Lenoble, MSSA
I think you mean June 2, 3, 4. Just to clarify.

John Sugrue

May 24, 2023, 8:31:44 PM5/24/23
to Audra Hallock, Barry Lenoble, MSSA
Yes June 2/3/4