Fall 1 Tomorrow!

Mark Hegreness

Sep 4, 2020, 9:07:52 PM9/4/20
to MSSA, Scoring
Hello MSSA,

Fall series 1 is tomorrow morning.  Moody Little Sister will be your race official.

The Fall Series is in the Jackrabbit/Pursuit Race format.  If you are not familiar with this, there is no traditional start and all boats take their rating at the beginning of the race.  There are preset courses with set distances.  To start, you simply look up the time on one of the two start time tables in the yearbook (they are attached to this email) and pass mark A at the designated time.  It can be table 1 or 2 depending on the course chosen.

Doug D. used to send out a great write up about how the Jackrabbit pursuit race format is great for beginning racers with no stress for starting.  The other cool thing with this format is that if you have a boat with a slower rating you get to be in the lead and watch all the other boats try to catch you.  Oftentimes with these races the fleet is pretty close together at the finish line.  Whoever crosses first wins!

Forecast for tomorrow is beautiful with light but steady wind and perfect temps.  I will be announcing the course chosen at 9:50am.  Clock starts running at 10am GPS time.  Please monitor VHF 68 and remember to both announce your finish time and email the results to the club scorer email address sco...@mssa.org

Hope to see you tomorrow!
Mark
MSSAFallseriesjackrabbit.pdf

MSSA Vice Commodore

Sep 9, 2021, 9:48:43 AM9/9/21
to MSSA
Hello MSSA Members,

I have borrowed Mark's email from last year  (who borrowed information from Doug) on the MSSA Fall Series.

I have made some edits to make it appropriate for this year

Fall series 1 is Saturday morning.  Sound's Great will be your race official.

[...]

Forecast for Saturday
image.png

I will be announcing the course chosen at 9:50am.  Clock starts running at 10am GPS time.  Please monitor VHF 72 and remember to both announce your finish time and email the results to the club scorer email address sco...@mssa.org

Barry Lenoble
MSSA Vice Commodore

MSSAFallseriesjackrabbit.pdf

MSSA Vice Commodore

Sep 5, 2022, 2:20:53 PM9/5/22
to MSSA
Hi Guys,

The first race of the fall season will be Saturday. I have attached the email I sent last year.

The jackrabbit races are fun and easy. Since the handicap time is calculated before the race begins, the race start is stress free and easy, since most boats start alone.

Please have your yearbook handy. Please note the start time for your boat. If you need help please let me know.

I will be racing Saturday and I will be the race official.

Barry

Barry Lenoble
MSSA Vice Commodore