Barrister Cup Race

MSSA Vice Commodore

May 14, 2022, 11:56:12 AM5/14/22
to MSSA
Hello MSSA Members,

Some updated information on the Barrister Cup Race:

Start time and information - The race will start at 1400 / 2:00PM. That means at 1400 I will begin the start sequence. I will sound a horn and make an announcement at 1400, 1401, 1404 and the race will start at 1405. This will be a one division start, for all boats, spinnaker and non spinnaker.

Weather - the forecast is good - wind from the S - SW at 5-10, a slight chance of rain, moderate temperature. This is good for the first race of the season.

Course - The yearbook has the course information. Note that the MSSA Marks have not been deployed yet, so we can't use them. I will drop a temporary mark at location 'A' and we will use government marks. This presents a slight problem because the courses that use only government marks are too long for the forecast light wind. So, assuming the forecast is accurate I propose using a course of
(A) C F A, which is around 12.5nm.

VHF - Please have a VHF tuned to CH 72. I will be making race announcements for official start time, course, etc. Be sure to check in, announce your finish time on VHF and email your finish time to sco...@mssa.org.

Contact me with any questions.

Barry

Barry Lenoble
MSSA Vice Commodore