race results from last night's races

MSSA Scorer John and Audra

Jul 16, 2024, 4:09:38 PM (11 days ago) Jul 16
to MSSA Group
Hello All,
What a great night of MSSA racing!  We had 5 boats out for the Navigator's Series and another 7 out for the DH series!  We hope to see many of you out there for the Summer Series on Thursday!

Attached are the race results from last night's races.  For the DH the racers that have different spinnaker and non-spinnaker ratings have chosen which rating to use and will sail the season with that rating.  Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Audra Mammina
John Baker
Club Scoring
Pursuit SUMMER 1.pdf
2024 DH 1.pdf

MSSA Vice Commodore

Jul 17, 2024, 6:17:46 AM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to sco...@mssa.org, MSSA Group

Monday night did not disappoint. The first Monday for the double handed series and we had 7 boats show up and race. The navigators summer series also had 5 more boats out racing on the PJYC race course. I believe Audra will have a race report for the navigators series. On the Mt Sinai race course where we ran the DH race we all raced non spinnaker on a perfect windward leeward course. Red sky was race committee and sent us on the SW2 course, which is (Y)MTYTY. We went out to the race course in a 7-10 knot southerly that fluctuated up and down before the start. The start was postponed for 5-10 minutes so the RC could reset their anchor and they also made the start line a little bit longer. Which was good because we all stacked up on the RC boat and it was a bit exciting. Everyone had pretty much the same idea, start on starboard at the RC boat and follow the usual Mt. Sinai tactic of go left. As we approached M there was still a tight pack of boats that all rounded within one minute of each other and then it was a dead down wind sail out to T. We all went wing on wing, but the fleet still spread out a bit east to west but stayed very tight front to the back. During this leg the wind speed built up a bit and shifted a bit east of south. I think at this point all the boats were in the position we all finished in. It was just a matter of going as fast as you could for the last remaining legs. I rounded T, 2 minutes behind crocodile and just ahead of gypsy moon, sounds great, smoke and mirrors, rode trip, and Osprey. It was very close racing for all the boats. We still had to go back another lap and a half, around Y then T and back to Y. The wind speed built more as the sun was starting to set. It turned out to be a very nice evening for a sail. The corrected time results show it was a tight race.

And Im sure we will hear it from the navigators course report but aside from some racing rules issues the four pro am boats all finished with in two minutes of each other. That is tight racing!

Thank you to everyone who came out and raced on both race courses. Thank you to Red Sky for running a great race and taking the time to adjust the start line. Thank you to Audra and the Organized Chaos crew for acting as race official on the navigators course. It's great to see we have two separate race series going off at one time with a great turn out!

Kenneth Nilsen
MSSA Vice Commodore

On Jul 16, 2024, at 4:09 PM, MSSA Scorer John and Audra <sco...@mssa.org> wrote:

This message is from the MSSA Google Group.
Replies are sent to the author of the message.

To post to the group, send email to ms...@googlegroups.com
To change your email settings go to http://groups.google.com/group/mssa

---
<Pursuit SUMMER 1.pdf>