PHRF rating adjustments

MSSA Scorer John and Audra

May 15, 2024, 7:49:44 PMMay 15
to MSSA Group

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: MSSA Scorer John and Audra <sco...@mssa.org>
Date: Wed, May 15, 2024, 7:47 PM
Subject: PHRF rating adjustments
To: Audra Hallock <audra...@gmail.com>

Tomorrow is Spring 1! The Race Committee is preparing to score and the handicapping committee is working to make sure the PHRF ratings are as accurate as possible.

In recent years we have received YRALIS PHRF certificates with whisker pole ratings adjustments. The MSSA seeks to conform with the PHRF regulations and honor the PHRF certificates as issued. However, we realized that many boats sailing our races only had MSSA club ratings and our database for these boats did not have any whisker pole information. In order to fairly apply adjustments to all our racers, we recently conducted a survey regarding whisker poles. With this information we will begin to make the adjustments consistent with the YRALIS PHRF regulations. If you haven’t responded to our survey, but may race in any non-spinnaker event, please respond here:  https://forms.gle/7Qiz2QpzDWMhr7e16

Thank you!

Audra Mammina
John Baker
Club Scorers

jim4x4

May 15, 2024, 9:26:57 PMMay 15
to sco...@mssa.org, MSSA Group
ZARA will be racing the season in
non-spinnaker division.
Cheers,
Jim

Sent from my Galaxy
This message is from the MSSA Google Group.
Replies are sent to the author of the message.

To post to the group, send email to ms...@googlegroups.com
To change your email settings go to http://groups.google.com/group/mssa

---