April 2018 MSP Audio Geeks meetup - Wednesday 5/2

1 view

MSP Audio Geeks

Apr 18, 2018, 12:53:39 PM4/18/18
to MSP Audio Geeks

Many apologies for the delay on announcing this month's meetup! It's been a busy month thus far. So busy in fact that April's MSP Audio Geeks meetup isn't going to be until May! The next meetup will be on Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 7pm at Du Nord Craft Spirits.

Bring your ideas for future meetups as we'll be brainstorming things for the rest of the year. As always, any insight into what you want out of the meetups is welcome!

If you are hungry you are welcome to bring your own food or order delivery.

Everyone is welcome to join us. Invite your friends & join us for an evening of audio geekery! All are welcome to attend. If you are planning to attend please RSVP to mspaudiogeeks at gmail dot com.

Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Time: 7-9pm

Location: Du Nord Craft Spirits

2610 E 32nd St.

Minneapolis, MN 55406

dunordcraftspirits.com

Click here for a Google Map

Parking: Free on surrounding streets.

Metro Transit: The nearest bus stop is serviced by route #7. The Lake St. - Midtown light rail stop is also nearby. Please check metrotransit.org for your route.

If you have a venue suggestion for future MSP Audio Geek meetups, please email mspaudiogeeks at gmail dot com.

View the announcement at goo.gl/GsXYL5

Sign up for the MSP Audio Geeks e-mail list at eepurl.com/lG19P

Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/MSPAudioGeeks

Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MSPAudioGeeks

MSP Audio Geeks

Apr 18, 2018, 3:36:09 PM4/18/18
to MSP Audio Geeks
Thanks to John Miller we've got a bonus field trip to his studio Future Condo. We'll meet at Du Nord from 7-8pm & then walk over to the studio.

Future Condo is a full-service recording studio in South Minneapolis. From the website: Our state-of-the art studio features fully integrated digital and analog sides that can work in tandem or independently of each other. We also have all the gear you could ever want. View gear list. Future Condo has the real estate to give you the room sound you want. Whether you want to track an entire band live in one room, or track vocals with a living room feel, we can accommodate you.

John Miller has been making records of local and national significance for 15 years. He’s equally at home working on tape and digitally.

He’s received press attention for:

His work on one of the largest archival tape projects in state history (Read more)

Unearthing the first Jackson 5 recording as reported by Rolling Stone (Read more)

The Jackson 5 story was also reported by the Washington Post (Read more)

Partial discography:

The Maytags, On My Mind (Listen)

Sonny Knight And The Lakers, Sooner or Later (Listen)

Night Moves, Country Queen (Listen)

Derobe Dance Band, Gogoplata (Listen)

Black Market Brass, Moon King (Listen)

Discogs page (incomplete) (Read more)

Time: 8-9pm (join us from 7-8pm at Du Nord & then we'll walk to the studio)

Location: Future Condo

3218 Snelling Ave S.

Minneapolis, MN 55406

futurecondostudio.com