Passing of Karl Oesterling

1 view

Joe LaCour

Aug 30, 2014, 11:07:52 AM8/30/14
to MSHL Directors
My kids played with his kids in summer hockey and I coached against him a few times.

Plus-he was very easy to deal with at Navy.

RIP Karl.
May angels lead you into paradise; upon your arrival, may the martyrs receive you and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem. May the ranks of angels receive you, and with Lazarus, once a poor man, may you have eternal rest.

From the BSC Facebook page....

Naval Academy Brigade Sports Complex
It is with tremendous sadness that we pass along the news that our great friend and Director, Karl Oesterling lost his courageous battle with cancer last night. He loved his time here at the BSC and every encounter that he had with all of our patrons – for those of you that were used to waving at him as you walked in the facility – just wave a bit higher now.

We've decided to honor Karl this season by including him in our ice design at center ice. We miss him dearly already, and will continue to miss him each and everyday. Although he is no longer with us in person, his spirit and memory are forever with us here.

In lieu of flowers, donations are requested in Karl's name to:
Navy Youth Hockey, PO Box 4442, Annapolis, MD 21403
or
Friends of Navy Hockey, 3427 Blanford Way, Davidsonville, MD 21035

Joe LaCour
Sent from my Galaxy S®III