Virus in the PD3 node installer?

Filippo GENOVESE

Oct 18, 2022, 5:40:52 AM10/18/22
to MS Amanda
Hi guys,
I'm testing PD3.0 and I would give a try to the MSAmanda node too, but I'm not able to dowload the installer https://ms.imp.ac.at/index.php?file=msamanda/MSAmanda_PD3.0_3.0.0.20100.exe, as my antivirus (Windows defender on W10 x64 21H2) states it contains a Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl

Any hints?

Kind Regards

Filippo

Viktoria Dorfer

Oct 18, 2022, 5:49:59 AM10/18/22
to MS Amanda
Hi Filippo,

thanks for letting us know, we will immediately look at that!

Best,
Viktoria

Viktoria Dorfer

Oct 18, 2022, 9:52:21 AM10/18/22
to MS Amanda
Hi Filippo,

we found the issue. Version numbers were getting too high, letting the defender think the zip contains a virus. We fixed that, can you please try again:

Please let me know if it now works for you!
Thanks!
Best wishes,
Viktoria

Filippo GENOVESE

Oct 19, 2022, 3:17:32 AM10/19/22
to MS Amanda
Thanks Viktoria,
I did manage to download it.

Have a nice day

Peter Andersen

Oct 21, 2022, 2:58:32 PM10/21/22
to MS Amanda
Hi Viktoria,
I'm getting a similar antivirus warning when downloading the MS Amanda installer for PD 2.5 - can this be fixed in the same way as for the PD 3.0 version?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Best,
Peter

Viktoria Dorfer

Oct 25, 2022, 9:52:30 AM10/25/22
to MS Amanda
Hi Peter,

sorry for the delay! We also changed the versioning for the PD2.5 installer, you can find the new version here: MS Amanda PD 2.5

Please let me know if it worked for you!
Best wishes,
Viktoria

Filippo GENOVESE

Nov 15, 2022, 4:43:02 AM11/15/22
to MS Amanda
OT: will the Spectra clustering node be updated for PD 3.0 too?

Viktoria Dorfer

Nov 16, 2022, 10:31:16 AM11/16/22
to MS Amanda
Hi Filippo,

I forwarded your request to the developers of the node, they will look into that!

Best wishes,
Viktoria