Error message: Could not process spectra due to the following exception: constraint failed

kathi.n...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2018, 6:02:44 AM7/2/18
to MS Amanda
Hello!

I just downloaded MS Amanda after I heard about it last week at the CEMM meeting in Vienna.
I use Proteome Discoverer 2.2 and tried to do a combined search with MS Amanda and Sequest but I get the error message:
"Could not process spectra due to the following exception: constraint failed" (see attached file as well)

I tried to download the newest version from the HP as suggested in an earlier Post but Im still having the problem.

I would be happy if somebody could help me with that!

Greetings from Vienna

Katharina

Error message.PNG

Viktoria Dorfer

Jul 2, 2018, 6:11:47 AM7/2/18
to MS Amanda
Hi Katharina

great that you are willing to test it and sorry for the inconveniences! Could you please generate a bug report and send that to me, such that I can have a look at the source of the error?
You can send it to viktoria.dorfer @ fh-hagenberg.at

Thanks and best regards,
Viktoria

Jonathan Krieger

Jul 2, 2018, 9:05:55 PM7/2/18
to msam...@googlegroups.com
I have also seen this exact error as well as an error telling me that “the given key was not present in the dictionary”.  If there is a solution Viktoria, please share with the group!  Thanks!
Jonathan

Jonathan Krieger, PhD
Mass Spectrometry Research
SPARC Biocentre at the Hospital for Sick Children
21.9400 Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning
686 Bay Street
Toronto, ON
M5G 0A4
416.813.8786 (internal x308786)

Viktoria Dorfer

Jul 3, 2018, 4:30:01 AM7/3/18
to MS Amanda
Hi Jonathan,

thanks for reporting this! Could you maybe also generate a bug report? The more reports, the faster we identify the problem. Unfortunately our mail server does not accept bug reports sent via mail, so it would be great if you could deposit it somewhere where I can download it. If this is not possible, please drop me a line and I will provide you with some link where you can upload your report!

Thanks & best regards,
Viktoria

Viktoria Dorfer

Jul 3, 2018, 8:24:23 AM7/3/18
to MS Amanda

Hi Jonathan,

in Katharina's case the installation process was somehow unsuccessful, she had an older version of MS Amanda installed. Can you please check your installed version of MS Amanda and if it is not 2.2.6.11097, please retry the installation.
You can check the version number of MS Amanda in PD 2.2 by clicking on "Help" -> "About Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer...". A popup window appears, please click on "Installed Components" and search for "FHOOE_IMP.MSAmandaNode.dll". The version number should be in brackets, see the picture below.

Please let me know if you also have a previous version of MS Amanda installed.

Best regards,
Viktoria
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Art Nuccio

Jul 6, 2018, 9:39:00 AM7/6/18
to MS Amanda
Hi Viktoria,

Is this version 2.2.6.11097 available from the 3rd party installer from the Thermo Omics Portal? The PD-nodes site appears to only have 2.2.6.9691.

Best regards,

Art

Dorfer Viktoria

Jul 6, 2018, 9:53:14 AM7/6/18
to msam...@googlegroups.com

Hi Art,

the version 2.2.6.11097 can be downloaded from here:

http://ms.imp.ac.at/index.php?action=charmert

Best regards,

Viktoria