Cannot run MSAmanda from commandline in Ubuntu 18.4

Marc Isaksson

Mar 10, 2020, 8:42:47 AM3/10/20
to MS Amanda

Hi, I downloaded the latest MSAmanda Standalone version, and followed the instructions for Linux. Even though I installed mono, and libmono-system-core4.0-cil I got the following:

sudo mono MSAmanda.exe

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MSAmanda.CommandLine.MSAmandaSearch' from assembly 'MSAmanda, Version=2.0.0.14665, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Is there perhaps another package that needs to be installed except mono, to run it?

Best Regards,

Marc

Viktoria Dorfer

Mar 16, 2020, 5:41:09 AM3/16/20
to MS Amanda
Hi Marc,

thanks for reporting this issue. Mono should be enough, but we will look into it! On which linux version did you try to run it?

Best regards,
Viktoria

Marc Isaksson

Mar 16, 2020, 6:51:54 AM3/16/20
to msam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victoria,

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Thank you very much for looking into it for me.

Best,

Marc

Viktoria Dorfer

Apr 10, 2020, 10:15:03 AM4/10/20
to MS Amanda
Hi Marc,

we finally found the issue! The problem is the difference between mono runtime and mono complete. Can you please try to install mono complete instead of mono runtime? That should solve the issue!

Please let me know if that worked for you!
Happy Easter and stay healthy!
Best regards,
Viktoria

Marc Isaksson

Apr 17, 2020, 9:33:37 AM4/17/20
to MS Amanda
Thanks Victoria,

now it works! By the way, how to set up several threads for DB searching in the Linux terminal?

Best,

Marc