MRST 2020b release

francesca.watson

Nov 30, 2020, 11:25:56 AM11/30/20
to MRST-announce
Dear all,

We are happy to announce that the latest MRST software release, MRST 2020b, is now available to download from our website: https://www.sintef.no/projectweb/mrst/download/

The new release comes with the addition of several new internal and externally contributed modules from the upcoming second MRST book. There are some minor changes to existing modules described in the release notes. In particular we would like to highlight the following:

  • The addition of seven new modules: dual-continuum-mech, ensemble, fractures, fv-unsat, hybrid-ve, mpsaw, shale.
  • More advanced workflow examples from the upcoming second MRST book included in several modules.
  • The name of the blackoil-sequential module has been changed to sequential.
  • Some class names have been changed in the ad-blackoil module. See the notes under ad-blackoil for more details.

We have also introduced a new category system for modules where modules have been given a classification based on the type of development they are currently undergoing. This is to help users determine how likely the code is to change in future releases. The main benefit of this is that users can be confident that their own code based on e.g. stable modules is unlikely to need updating much between releases whereas code based on experimental modules is much more likely to need updating to be compatible with future versions of these modules.

The full category list for all modules can be found on our website at https://www.sintef.no/projectweb/mrst/modules/mrst-module-categories/.

We hope you find the software useful in your work.

Best wishes,

Francesca

Francesca Watson
Research Scientist
SINTEF Digital, Mathematics & Cybernetics, Oslo. Norway