mrjob v0.7.0 is out!

Dave Marin

Nov 22, 2019, 5:06:46 PM11/22/19
to mr...@googlegroups.com
mrjob v0.7.0 has just been released!

Unlike the transition from v0.5.0 to v0.6.0, v0.7.0 isn’t really a breaking change; we just removed a lot of code that we’ve been issuing deprecation warnings for for a while.

The main difference from v0.6.12 is that AWS and Google Cloud libraries are now optional. If you wanted to install mrjob with support for both, you’d need to do:

    pip install mrjob[aws,google]

But if you just want to run jobs locally or on your own Hadoop or Spark cluster (and not use S3), you could just do:

    pip install mrjob

The only other thing to be careful of is if you have code like:

    job = MRMyJob()

in your test cases, you’ll need to change it to MRMyJob([]).

Finally, mrjob/examples/ is in much better shape. Some examples that were broken are now fixed, and nearly every example has a unit test.

-Dave