Re: MRIQC DWI/DTI

alberto redolfi

Mar 31, 2023, 4:13:19 AM3/31/23
to Oscar Esteban, mriqc-users

Dear Oscar,

Ok, I got it. I opened this thread because I understood that some users, for example, “warp” the BIDS name of the FLAIR images to analyze them as T2 scans, and so I would be interested to know if it is possible to apply the same renaming process to extract from the DTI the same IQMs that can be extracted from fMRI scans.

Thank you very much for these clarifications!

Best,

Alberto

PS: I hope that MRIQC will soon officially integrate the processing of DTI scans...

From: Oscar Esteban <co...@oscaresteban.es>
Date: Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 10:14
To: "aredol...@gmail.com" <aredol...@gmail.com>
Cc: mriqc-users <mriqc...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: MRIQC DWI/STI

Hi Alberto,

At the moment, MRIQC does not support DWI.

Best,

Oscar

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 10:09 AM aredol...@gmail.com <aredol...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All,

From the official documentation of MRIQC, it appears that the tool can process T1, T2, and fMRI scans, but not DWI/DTI images of the brain.

My question is quite simple: Is MRIQC allowed to process also 4d DWI/DTI scans to extract some indices, or is this wrong because the extracted temporal Image Quality Metrics (e.g: tSNR, aqi, gcor) will be of complete no-sense and so unusable?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Alberto