MQTT with Google maps

Sophianahoza

Nov 10, 2012, 10:12:35 AM11/10/12
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,
 I am working on a project where I have to implement MQTT for a location-based service on Androids. The location-based service requires me to use existing Google Maps APIs to provide detailed place information such as geographic location etc., how does one link MQTT broker with the Google databases? How does it work?

andyp...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2012, 10:19:10 AM11/10/12
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Exactly what are you trying to do here?

Google Maps doesn't have any MQTT interface, it uses HTTP REST API calls. You'd have to do whatever you want via MQTT separately from the Maps stuff. Maybe you could have location coordinates published to your Android device over MQTT, and then plug that into the REST calls to Google Maps?

Andy

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Sophianahoza <sophia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello guys,
 I am working on a project where I have to implement MQTT for a location-based service on Androids. The location-based service requires me to use existing Google Maps APIs to provide detailed place information such as geographic location etc., how does one link MQTT broker with the Google databases? How does it work?

To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org

Andy Piper | Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
blog: http://andypiper.co.uk   |   skype: andypiperuk
twitter: @andypiper  |  images: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andypiper

Sophia Nahoza

Nov 10, 2012, 10:27:51 AM11/10/12
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andy, i tried to search everywhere it looks like Google Maps doesn't really have MQTT interface, I'll use that alternative then.