Cannot connect when passing null username and password

bob

Mar 20, 2019, 11:31:13 AM3/20/19
to MQTT
Hello, this is Marco from Balance Innovations. We are using an M2Mqtt client to interface with our IoT API by establishing a certificate-based connection (in other words, by passing the client ID only, no username and password). It recently emerged the necessity to disable the Clean Session functionality, but unfortunately there is no override method for Connect() which would only take in clientId and cleanSession as arguments. Furthermore, the connection attempt fails when passing null username and password, so that is not a solution. I wanted to ask the permission to write an additional override for the Connect() method which would take in clientId and cleanSession only.
Thank you.

Andy Stanford-Clark

Mar 20, 2019, 12:08:10 PM3/20/19
to mq...@googlegroups.com
it’s open source - you don’t need to ask permission… just do it ;)
It will be a useful enhancement to the library - I’m sure they will appreciate a pull request from you

Andy

On 20 Mar 2019, at 15:31, bob <sacc...@gmail.com> wrote:

M2Mqtt client