geospatail topics

Martin Becze

Dec 20, 2013, 10:15:12 AM12/20/13
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use geospatail topics, So for example subscribing to the bounds of some geometry. I image the topic would look like /bounds/<coordinates>

One problem with this is geospatail bounds aren't exactly hierarchical. They can overlay.
The problem with this is a don't think any current mqtt brokers support something like this, so I guess i'm looking at writing my own broker too. Any advice on this?

ನಾಗೇಶ್ ಸುಬ್ರಹ್ಮಣ್ಯ (Nagesh S)

Dec 22, 2013, 12:04:59 AM12/22/13
to mq...@googlegroups.com

I think you are referring to topic matches not in literal sense but a contextual sense. You could imagine something similar for temporal axis.

Bottomline, I think this is outside of mqtt but under broader scope of topic management.

Sent from phone. Pardon spelling and grammar mistakes.

To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MQ Telemetry Transport" group.