Set Hex on Mosquitto MQTT

etcreport report

Feb 26, 2020, 9:12:44 AM2/26/20
to MQTT
goodmorning,

I have a problem to send an HEX value to mosquitto MQTT broker.
I think I have to set on Mosquitto the incoming messages being on HEX format, but I am not able to find the configuration to set, if it is possile.
Recive data just in ascii format.

Another way can find a client to send message on a topic in HEX format, but I cannot find one.
I tried MQTT.fx but there is no option to set HEX value in publishing.
Send data just in ascii format.

Simon Walters

Feb 27, 2020, 6:51:20 AM2/27/20
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi
MQTT just transports a series of bytes in its payload
It is up to any programs using it to decide whether the data is a series of ASCII chars or hex characters or binary data

So if a client publishes FF - it could represent the decimal number 255 or simply a 2 character string with 2 Fs in it.

Simon

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---