Mqtt broker mosquitto supports zigbee?

맥주치킨

Apr 4, 2017, 2:59:07 AM4/4/17
to MQTT
Hello,

I have Question.

Zigbee communication is non-ip , but mqtt basic is tcp/ip communication.

How useing Zigbee in Mosquitto?

Message has been deleted

Alex Robenko

Apr 11, 2017, 12:23:43 AM4/11/17
to MQTT

Hi
Sorry for late reply. If I'm not mistaken Zigbee is datagram exchange protocol, while MQTT requires reliable stream connection, such as TCP/IP.
In order to use MQTT over zigbee you have a couple of possible solutions.
1. Use additional IP over Zigbee stack. Please do the research yourself.
2. Write your own packatization solution which wraps MQTT messages with additional transport data prior to sending it over Zigbee link. You will have to have some kind of "bridge" application that resides on the same device with your broker, which will have to unpack the extra transport information and forward the requested messages to the mosquitto broker.
3. Use MQTT-SN protocol over zigbee, with a gateway application, which translates and forwards MQTT-SN messages into MQTT:  MQTT-SN Client <--- (MQTT-SN over ZigBee) --> Gateway <-- (MQTT over TCP/IP) --> Broker. There are multiple available MQTT-SN client/gateway solutions available on github. I have my own solution of generic MQTT-SN Client/Gateway which allow usages of MQTT-SN protocol over any of the I/O links, not just zigbee.

Regards,
Alex