ESP32 and MQTT

Yigal B

Jun 27, 2023, 11:34:57 AM6/27/23
to MQTT
I have an ESP32 connected to sensors and operates motors, controlled from a panel with buttons.

Is there an off the shelf Android app which can be configured to control that ESP32 with MQTT?
Preferably, with an option to define my own buttons on the Android app - to hide the MQTT commands.

Greg Troxel

Jun 27, 2023, 12:14:47 PM6/27/23
to Yigal B, MQTT
Not what you asked, but Home Assistant on a real computer, the web page
from that, and the Home Assistant Companion app for Android (and iOS)
will do something that should be close enough to what you want. Plus
more things, that are likely useful enough to offset the setup time.