Simulate MQTT Clients

Helton Franco

Sep 1, 2014, 11:06:22 PM9/1/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys, I would like to simulate many clients connecting to the broker. Are there any tools for it? Just a simple "loop" for mqtt connection function will solve my problem? Sugestions to monitoring it?

Stefano Costa

Sep 2, 2014, 3:19:46 AM9/2/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
something here:

https://github.com/bluewindthings/mqtt-stress
http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/

I can help for the first, being the developer: with Ansible and a few
hosts (Linux) available, you can simulate clients trying to publish
messages with the desired rate.

Paul Fremantle

Sep 2, 2014, 4:30:41 AM9/2/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
There is an MQTT plugin for JMeter, but I haven't tried it:

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Paul Fremantle
Part-time PhD student - School of Computing
twitter: pzfreo / skype: paulfremantle / blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, Apache Member
07740 199 729

Dave Locke

Sep 2, 2014, 4:34:29 AM9/2/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
a few links from discussions on this topic from over the last year or so:

mqtt-malaria:   https://plus.google.com/107349548255760539356/posts/LcJh8XsHwiX
MQTT benchmark blog post: http://www.ekito.fr/people/mqtt-benchmarks-rabbitmq-activemq/
MQTT with JMeter: a couple of implementations:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.apps.git/
https://github.com/tuanhiep/mqtt-jmeter

All the best
Dave