efficient way of sending binary JPEG data over MQTT

Tarkan DOGU

Mar 20, 2023, 3:36:18 PM3/20/23
to MQTT
Hi Folks,

How can I send efficently burst of JPEG binary image data over MQTT protocol? I don't want to use base64 encoding. I am publishing JSON data over MQTT.
thanks for advance...
Kind Regards, Tarkan

Andy Stanford-Clark

Mar 20, 2023, 5:53:26 PM3/20/23
to 'Simon Walters' via MQTT
MQTT is “payload agnostic” - just send the binary jpeg data in the payload. No need to encode it.

Although if what you meant is that you want to embed JPEG image data as a field in a JSON payload,
1) don’t,
2) if you must, you will have to base64 encode it to a JSON string.

Maybe send the binary JPEG data on a different topic to the JSON ?

Andy

--
To learn more about MQTT see https://mqtt.org
---