SSLSocket error (33558530) in SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file for socket 8 rc 0 errno 2 No such file or directory

Duane Jahnke

Feb 5, 2023, 1:17:40 PM2/5/23
to MQTT
I inherited an existing application that has stopped working when we upgraded from buildroot 2020 to buildroot 2022.02.1. When initializing the MQTT Async Publishing Client I am getting the following error:

SSLSocket error (33558530) in SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file for socket 8 rc 0 errno 2 No such file or directory

I don't have any experience with MQTT and openSSL and would appreciate any advice. The initialization code appears to be a direct copy of what is in the examples I have seen.

if ((rc = MQTTAsync_create(&client, GetAddress(), CLIENTID, MQTTCLIENT_PERSISTENCE_NONE, NULL) == MQTTASYNC_SUCCESS)) {

The GetAddress() function returns the address of our cloud portal which hasn't changed in years.

Thanks for any help.

Duane Jahnke