MQTT to use with Wireless Temperature Sensor interfacing with Raspberry Pi

robson...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2018, 6:28:23 AM11/12/18
to MQTT
MQTT Paho or MQTT mosquitto which one will deals best to send the critical indoor environment disturbances through Wireless temperature sensor and sends the warning notification smartphones,

As in brief explanation, I am receiving the data of sensors through the wireless receiver which is connected with Raspberry Pi via serial USB connection.

Any leads on this will be much help.

Thomas

Nov 15, 2018, 9:47:10 AM11/15/18
to MQTT
Hi Robson,

My understanding has always been that Eclipse Paho is a collection of MQTT clients for various platforms/programming languages and Eclipse Mosquitto is a MQTT Broker implementation.  In order to use MQTT you need at least a broker  (this could be Mosquitto or any other Broker (You could use one in the cloud for instance)) and an MQTT client (this could be one of the Eclipse Paho clients if they provide one in the language of your choice or any other MQTT client).

I hope this helps and good luck with your project.

Thomas