Re: [mqtt] MQTT devices, sensores....

Stefano Costa

Apr 24, 2013, 2:52:12 AM4/24/13
to mq...@googlegroups.com
On 04/23/2013 07:44 PM, Ant�nio Correia wrote:
> Hi i'm doing a research on certain Protocols and i have a question based
> on the implementation of the MQTT protocol. I would like some help in
> knowing what kind of devices, sensors for telemetry and other small
> devices work with, like a manufacture, organization, website... i just
> can't find them.. I'll ready search this post and found some references
> on eurotech and shaspa.. i was just wondering if you knew more =D
>
> thanks and i apologize for trouble

Lots of devices work with MQTT without the need / opportunity of
declaring it, I believe.

MQTT is not (yet?) a standard at the same level of zigbee as an example,
more like modbus just to speak a language already used in the past
years: standard way of exchanging information (protocol) but no fixed or
de facto standard for schemas. Zigbee with profiles is meant to be
interoperable at the application level when stable and tested.

That's why you would find MQTT in a lot of Android and Iphone apps of
course (interesting to check with debug on an Android smartphone running
several different P2P-related apps...), coffee machines, industrial
equipment, tracking devices (ours!), sensors etc but few of them will
advertise this as a feature.

--
Stefano Costa, R&D Manager
M +39 335 6565749