mosquitto_loop_start() isn't defined in libmosquitto

AlTro

Jun 26, 2015, 9:28:07 AM6/26/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
I'm using libmosquitto to implementing an mqtt client that store messages on a mysql db.
I want to use mosquitto_loop_start() function, but the compiler say me that this function wasn't declared.

How I can solve this problem? Is there a way to implement something procedure with the same behaviour of mosquitto_loop_start?

Thanks in advance

Roger Light

Jun 26, 2015, 11:15:17 AM6/26/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessio,

This list is really for discussing the protocol, you would have been
better off asking on the mosquitto mailing list.

I think your problem is that you have a very old version of
libmosquitto. Are you on debian/ubuntu/raspbian? They only have
version 0.15 in some versions of the distros, you should use the
mosquitto debian repository ( http://repo.mosquitto.org/ ) or ubuntu
ppa ( https://launchpad.net/~mosquitto-dev/+archive/ubuntu/mosquitto-ppa/
).

Cheers,

Roger
> --
> To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
> ---

Karl Palsson

Jun 30, 2015, 10:09:59 AM6/30/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com

You likely have an old version of libmosquitto, likely 0.15 from ubuntu
or debian. These are rather outdated and have less features and a
different API

Also, this list is generally for discussion of mqtt the protocol, not
any particular implementation such as mosquitto.

Cheers,
Karl P
--
Sent using Mailpile, Free Software from www.mailpile.is