MQTT broker in PHP

Nikhil Wadke

Dec 7, 2014, 10:51:44 AM12/7/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I need MQTT broker which is written in PHP as I have expertise in writing PHP codes for servers. Do you know any brokers/servers in PHP ?
As far as I know, mosquito is very lightweight and written in C.
Suggestions are appreciated.

- Nikhil.

Simon Platten

Dec 7, 2014, 10:58:27 AM12/7/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
There is a broker in pho, however pop isn't really a good fit for MQTT as the whole point, is clients subscribe once and when new data arrives at the broker it is pushed to subscribers.  PHP clients have to poll the broker for updates.

A better web based model is available in node.js where the broker pushes updates to subscribers using socket.io

Having personally used both PHP and node.js, I favour node.js it is considerable better.

Kind regards,
Simon Platten
--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org