AM server crashes immediately after starting

ChrisM

Jan 28, 2023, 12:17:29 PM1/28/23
to MppDevices
Hi everyone, looking for trouble shooting suggestions.

AM server has been running without issue on my Samsung Tablet since I installed it last Sept.  It was working perfectly last night.  This morning I woke to find that the server was not running.

Do anyone know how I can determine what may have changed in the device SW overnight?

I upgraded AM to 17.2.1.2-563 but no difference.  I installed a couple of Android upgrades that the device had been bugging me to install for a few months, but no difference.

Lastly I uninstalled the AM app and re-installed it.  The app will start up and does find devices on the network but as soon as I activate the server (either widget-less or with a widget on the home screen) the AM app quits.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Mike P 4 MPP

Jan 28, 2023, 12:21:48 PM1/28/23
to MppDevices
It's a new permission restriction in the latest android library related to permissions for setting a scheduler operation.  I'm working on it now and hope to have a fix soon.  You might be able to bypass it by going into app permissions on your device and allowing AM to use exact scheduling.

ChrisM

Jan 28, 2023, 12:46:14 PM1/28/23
to MppDevices
Thanks Mike.  I'm running Android 12.  I don't see the option to use exact scheduling.  Where should i look?

thanks

Mike P 4 MPP

Jan 28, 2023, 1:15:13 PM1/28/23
to MppDevices
Ok, I think I've got it sorted now in 17.2.1.3, sorry about that!
The permission is in the "extras" section of the general app permission settings, but for later androids (not sure the exact number) it won't let you set the permission unless you've got this new version.

ChrisM

Jan 28, 2023, 1:47:55 PM1/28/23
to MppDevices
Thanks Mike I'll keep an eye out for it and give it a try as soon as its published.

Mike P 4 MPP

Jan 28, 2023, 1:54:51 PM1/28/23
to MppDevices
Ugh, that's annoying - I think now that I've added that permission google wants to do a manual review so it's in "pending"...  hopefully it won't take too long.

ChrisM

Jan 29, 2023, 8:39:59 AM1/29/23
to MppDevices
New version is up and running and has solved the problem Mike.

Thanks

Chris