ESP32 Ethernet MppRelays client

sergey

Nov 14, 2022, 4:33:12 AM11/14/22
to MppDevices
Hi Everyone! There  no news a while. Just wanting a bit refresh the board by sharing my small project . The time doesn't stand still and the favorite ESP8266 consistently aging , so ESP32 comes to leader by broadening automation opportunities.
Being desperately need in Ethernet solution for multi relay controller  I eventually come to decision for moving on ESP32 chip. Just by default the Ethernet solution seems to be more faster and reliable than wifi's.
That is the links to my repository with code https://github.com/sergshadrap/ESP32-Ethernet-MPP  . If anyone will be  interested  in such solution tell me and I'll continue my work on the project.
For the project's properly compiled you have to install ethernet library and esp32 packages.
If you can't do that but you would want to test it , say me .  At his moment the project was tested on https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005003549351980.html this board. There are multiple solution for ESP 32 chip from that vendor .
So, my long term thoughts was to rebuild all Mike's program for ESP32 chip , and I'm on a half of it somewhere.  But this particular project is only emulation of MppRelays controller.
Some disclaimer : There is no usual function for MppRelays , like Momentary . I steel have to do that. There is no automation discovery also , you have to look for it in manual mode. Looking for "Details" causes short time "off line" state for the device due to absence of wifi network list.
Mike's endorsement has obtained. :)

sergey

Apr 7, 2024, 4:49:59 AMApr 7
to MppDevices
A little updated code . Now the 1.2.1 version supports full UDP service as classic mpp device does, with discovery and notifications of subscribers.

the links to my repository with code https://github.com/sergshadrap/ESP32-Ethernet-MPP
Serg