AM 17.2.1.4 TP Link Multidevice Fix

ChrisM

Jan 29, 2023, 9:17:59 AM1/29/23
to MppDevices
Hi Mike, I noticed this under whats new in the posting of 17.2.1.4

Can you share more details?  I have many TP Link devices.

Thanks

Chris

Mike P 4 MPP

Jan 29, 2023, 11:26:09 AM1/29/23
to MppDevices
Hi Chris - that was a fix for devices like the HS300 that control more than one relay - some are dual, some multiple.  They end up being in a list of child devices when they report back to the queries and I messed up how I was handling them, misidentifying them in AM and rejecting them by UDN.  Bit of a  pain because the response was so different and I don't have any so need to emulate them - missed it in my testing of that last version :(.

One new feature I didn't mention that might be useful for those of with multiple devices:  there's a composite device feature for building thermostats (a sensor combined with a tracker to set the target and a relay to actuate) and similar composite for door controllers (like garage doors) that separate the sensor for the open and close actuators.  The garage door I use event triggered rules with conditions to prevent the door from re-opening when it's open, or re-closing when it's closed since my (like many) openers reverse direction if re-triggered.  You can find them under "Custom Devices" in the search menu.