can i send puts to rain machine via http/web device switch or similar?

mcnugget

Nov 6, 2022, 1:23:35 PM11/6/22
to MppDevices
https://rainmachine.docs.apiary.io/#

i am hoping to start sprinkler zones based on local triggers. The API is pretty clear above, but requires an authentication token that seems to expire before too long. Is this doable some other way with mppdevices? I'd have to call with the RM password to get the token, and then use the token with put calls i believe...

I am ready to research if you can maybe just point me in the right direction. thanks

Mike P 4 MPP

Nov 6, 2022, 3:00:20 PM11/6/22
to MppDevices
The MppDevice REST API is what to code against if you want to build your own custom device to control with AM - you need a way to flash the devices and a dev environment to build (or, if they're already ESP8266 devices, you may be able to use one of the existing binaries depending on what they do).

An alternative would be to use AM to send HTTP requests on a schedule, but this is pretty tricky if you need an authentication token.  I'm guessing the token comes by calling the companies cloud API?  Oauth2 or something like that?