If you or your bot can no longer connect to MPP...

Lamp

Apr 7, 2020, 7:35:24 PM4/7/20
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
As of April 6 Multiplayer Piano now checks client IP addresses against the IP2Proxy database and blocks any address that's detected. This means that connections from data centers, public proxies, and VPNs will be (or should be) rejected. If you were hosting a bot in a cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean, or a cloud service based on these, like Heroku, Repl.it, and Glitch, you will have to host it at home, or host a proxy server at home for your bot. Or if you were using MPP exclusively via a proxy or VPN, you will have to turn it off.

Unfortunately a minority of users with unusual ISPs have had their home IPAs incorrectly identified. If you're not using a proxy or VPN but still can't connect to MPP, first test your address at https://www.ip2proxy.com/. If it is indeed incorrectly detected as a proxy, you should report it to IP2Location; but you will also need to email your IP address to multiplaye...@gmail.com to have it whitelisted, because MPP's database is not frequently updated. (If not then you're either explicitly banned or possibly MPP's db is out of date; either way email for that as well.)
Also share your IP2Proxy results (ISP and proxy type) here if you can, it would be interesting to see what ISPs have this issue. So far we've had two users have this issue with the ISPs "Kozobrod Andriy Anatoliyovich" (DCH) and "SibSet".

Lamp

Apr 11, 2020, 6:32:59 PM4/11/20
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
Another one from "Apfutura Internacional Soluciones Sl" (DCH)
btw first post has been updated for those only viewing email

luda.1...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2020, 3:39:40 PM4/16/20
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
I use VPN but nothing happens ...
Message has been deleted

August Berchelmann

Apr 16, 2020, 3:57:08 PM4/16/20
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Really? None of my bots work anymore, and I don't see anyone else with proxies.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 3:49 PM Lamp <ledl...@gmail.com> wrote:

It appears brandon gave up on ip2proxy and none of this applies anymore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lamp

May 25, 2020, 7:00:42 PM5/25/20
to Multiplayer Piano Forum

Russian ISP but geolocates to England?

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 4:35:57 AM UTC-7, thomasedw...@gmail.com wrote:

2020-05-25 12_35_08.png

ashlyn...@gmail.com

May 26, 2020, 8:15:18 AM5/26/20
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
I wish I understood what that meant lmao, I'm sad it doesn't work anymore, it helped me play my personally made midi files and mess around with them but it seems I can't do that anymore

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 7:35:24 PM UTC-4, Lamp wrote:
As of April 6 Multiplayer Piano now checks client IP addresses against the IP2Proxy database and blocks any address that's detected. This means that connections from data centers, public proxies, and VPNs will be (or should be) rejected. If you were hosting a bot in a cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean, or a cloud service based on these, like Heroku, Repl.it, and Glitch, you will have to host it at home, or host a proxy server at home for your bot. Or if you were using MPP exclusively via a proxy or VPN, you will have to turn it off.

Unfortunately a minority of users with unusual ISPs have had their home IPAs incorrectly identified. If you're not using a proxy or VPN but still can't connect to MPP, first test your address at https://www.ip2proxy.com/. If it is indeed incorrectly detected as a proxy, you should report it to IP2Location; but you will also need to email your IP address to multiplay...@gmail.com to have it whitelisted, because MPP's database is not frequently updated. (If not then you're either explicitly banned or possibly MPP's db is out of date; either way email for that as well.)

August Berchelmann

May 26, 2020, 8:51:55 AM5/26/20
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
You can still use a lot of public proxies. Problem is, a lot of them are laggy.