For all of those MPP users out there... I think MPP has came to an end.

Phoenix

May 26, 2021, 9:23:52 AM5/26/21
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
As you all may know, Jacored is the new "Owner" of MPP. For all I know he is the new "leech". He put ads on the site a while ago and shut the site down, logged out of discord and left aeiou / Lapis to deal with all the insanity. Hey Jaco, I have a question. Why did you buy the site just to shut it down and use aeiou? It doesn't make sense to me. You basically killed the site. The community got ruined because of you. Visiting the site once in a while will become a habit soon, after I'm done with my projects. I think everyone will do the same. The site will slowly die because there is no owner to talk to, there is no fun things just limited things currently on aeiou's mpp. Thanks for reading this. I hope all of you understand what I'm saying. And I'm sorry Jaco but I'm telling straight facts.

- Phoenix

Multiplayer Piano

May 26, 2021, 10:05:00 AM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Thanks for the email. I just wanted to let you know that I had to distance myself from the website after a player made a ddos attack and incurred thousands of dollars in expenses.

So you're getting a free platform to play for years, having fun, and you didn't pay a dollar. Then you come and you call me a leech. Nice one!

I paid a lot of money to purchase this website and so far only costed me money.
Yes, I made a few bucks with ads, but not close to the hosting expenses.

Next time you complain remember:

 - I paid for the website and hosting (partially now, after ddos. Thanks mppclone for taking over)
 - you never paid anything and you complaining about me
 - mpp is free to play

I'm not perfect, but I tried my best. I will come back to work on this project at a later time. I still need to motivate myself after losing money. I still need to pay my bills, after I pay mpp bills. So I'll be focusing a bit more on what really puts the food on the table, rather than what makes you happy.

If you think I'm bad, let's see if you could pay for that hosting out of your own pocket?

Thanks Phoenix for the encouragement to continue running mpp! Was really helpful :) thanks to people like you, mpp gets better.

Have a nice day

On Wed, May 26, 2021, 21:23 Phoenix <antongio...@gmail.com> wrote:
As you all may know, Jacored is the new "Owner" of MPP. For all I know he is the new "leech". He put ads on the site a while ago and shut the site down, logged out of discord and left aeiou / Lapis to deal with all the insanity. Hey Jaco, I have a question. Why did you buy the site just to shut it down and use aeiou? It doesn't make sense to me. You basically killed the site. The community got ruined because of you. Visiting the site once in a while will become a habit soon, after I'm done with my projects. I think everyone will do the same. The site will slowly die because there is no owner to talk to, there is no fun things just limited things currently on aeiou's mpp. Thanks for reading this. I hope all of you understand what I'm saying. And I'm sorry Jaco but I'm telling straight facts.

- Phoenix

チャーシCharsy

May 26, 2021, 11:08:18 AM5/26/21
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
> Thanks for the email.
Not an email genius. It's called a "forum".
> after a player made a ddos attack and incurred thousands of dollars in expenses.
Partially your fault, put some actual protections in place. You should've expected something like that from an erratic community like this. Maybe take some time to examine the product before you buy?
> So you're getting a free platform to play for years, having fun, and you didn't pay a dollar. Then you come and you call me a leech. Nice one!
You are a leech. Nobody should have to pay to have fun.
> I paid a lot of money to purchase this website and so far only costed me money.
> Yes, I made a few bucks with ads, but not close to the hosting expenses.
And whose fault is that? You alone bought the platform without knowing its nature. You alone switched from linode (cheaper, had protections) to aws (expensive, apparently no protections).
> If you think I'm bad, let's see if you could pay for that hosting out of your own pocket?
At least they'd run it a whole lot better than you ever could.

The terrible CSS jobs you do, and the fact you called this an email, goes to show you're not a tech person. You bought this for profits alone and lost.
Your entire reply here shows you don't care about the community at all.

Multiplayer Piano

May 26, 2021, 11:19:23 AM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, you're right. You did a much better job than me. I don't think there is any point in replying to those points.

I just wanted to let others know what's going on.

Lamp

May 26, 2021, 1:12:27 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
It's a mailing list...

August Berchelmann

May 26, 2021, 2:52:40 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
I want to let Jaco know that while the community is not happy with the results of your purchase so far, that we are overwhelmingly willing to help. I think it would be really good of you to make MPP a community project, rather than trying to manage it yourself.

We all have experience in coding, so it would make sense to make MPP a community project.

With more features, profits will increase.

Many of us own our own private hosting servers, so it would make sense for you to take advantage of those, rather than paying for expensive AWS.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

August Berchelmann

May 26, 2021, 5:59:47 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Also, many people (including me), make their own custom clients. Most people In the community I think like the legacy MPP client, and wouldn't want the overall style of it to change much.

If we're going to contribute anything, it's going to have to be in the server. There really isn't much we can do with the client besides making the code cleaner without modifying the server.

Let me know what you think.

August Berchelmann

May 26, 2021, 9:01:43 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
I know you've expressed frustration over people not pitching in, and the reason being that people want to add more server features, not client features.

We know you wanted to convert the client to typescript, so while you were gone we worked on it: https://github.com/multiplayerpiano/mpp-frontend-ts

We (Hri7566, Me (Bop It Freak), charsy, and more), want to help you add more features to the server. What about a perfect pitch game, or a guess the chord game like pianorhythm?

There are endless possibilities.

I'd like to continue this conversation on discord.

DM me @Bop It Freak#8512

Thanks!

Multiplayer Piano

May 26, 2021, 10:46:46 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
You can already contribute, just nobody really did anything. Again, I can't expect anything, I'm just telling you what happened. People just want to have fun, and I understand that. But please don't say that people want to contribute with code, because didn't happened.

Only mppclone offered his hosting so far, so I thank him for that.

August Berchelmann

May 26, 2021, 11:05:45 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
I currently own a linode server. I'd like to host (with others) the server.
Like I said in my previous message, It doesn't make sense to just edit the client. We need to be able to edit both.
Currently, you have the client files open source, but not the server files. We'd like to take advantage of those.
We can spend time programming with the open source clone server I made, or mppclone's server, but it would be much faster to use the original server.
In the past months many people have been working on their own clones. If you make the server open source, people will focus on that alone.
If you never plan on hosting the server yourself, we'd like to host it ourselves. I don't want MPP to permanently be on a clone server.
So please, make the server files open source so we can contribute. I'm not going to waste my time only editing a client.

so in short. I OFFER MY HOSTING, provided that me and my friends in the community (the multiplayerpiano Core team devs on github) can work on the server.

Multiplayer Piano

May 26, 2021, 11:17:10 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I understand you want to get the server side source code, but as I've said, I won't be giving it away just like that. You can ask this many developers and might not give it to you. I think it's reasonable.

You can provide funding for server costs if you wish, or client side code improvements. Or you can host your own clone.

I doubt people will focus on that, look at current situation: people have access to client side, so all clones are pretty much copy paste.

If people don't improve client code, they won't improve server.

August Berchelmann

May 26, 2021, 11:26:29 PM5/26/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough.

I've been busy with school, but I will try to make big improvements to the client. Then hopefully we can expand to the server.

Thanks!

Multiplayer Piano

May 27, 2021, 12:06:06 AM5/27/21
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
My plan for server is to be very thin. Anyway I can provide a few hours a week on checking the architecture of the code. But not sure I'll be able to code much.

¡~Snøwy_Bøba~¡

Jul 10, 2022, 7:51:40 PM7/10/22
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
Hey. Is MPP Shutting down On OCT 1st 2022?

wolf...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2022, 7:54:56 PM7/10/22
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
No

Nolli Ruloff

Jul 30, 2022, 3:24:34 PM7/30/22
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
HELLO, THE USER CALLED Just A Tripod NEEDS BANNED HE IS BULLYING ME AND BEING RACIST, HE CALLED ME A BRITISH PERSON WHEN IM NOT CHECK THE CHAT LOGS FROM YESTERDAY IN THE ROLEPLAY ROOM. BEFORE I FUCKING QUIT USING YOUR SITE. HE SAID IN A DM TO ME SUICIDE DUMBASS 60 TIMES HE NEEDS BANNED AND I NEED MOD, HE SAYS THAT OTHERS THAT ARE BULLYING ME NEED OPERATOR!

BirdNotHere

Aug 13, 2022, 2:21:58 AM8/13/22
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
I really have the same problem.

BlackSheep

Dec 6, 2023, 10:51:20 PM12/6/23
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
The thing that's sad is the fact you bought MPP and you still need to pay your bills. Why didn't you get someone else to takeover MPP if you know you have bills to pay?

Daniel 176

Feb 2, 2024, 2:10:15 PMFeb 2
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
i'm doing literally what phoenix said,

"Visiting the site once in a while will become a habit soon"