No sound anymore

Markus Valta

Apr 19, 2018, 12:55:08 PM4/19/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
Hey there. Since a few days I got the problem that I don't have any sounds ONLY on MPP.
Anyone knows the problem and how to fix it?
Also 'Get a better computer' is no option and plain stupid like suggested in another topic.

Lamp

Apr 19, 2018, 4:58:25 PM4/19/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
Ah yes, the new chrome 66 update broke MPP because it now requires the AudioContext to be instantiated or resumed after you interact with the page. (https://goo.gl/7K7WLu for details) Brandon will be fixing this soon (he was going to do it last night but “got distracted.”). In the meantime, you can enable sound by typing the following command into the console (after you click on the page):
MPP.piano.audio.context.resume();

Message has been deleted

Lamp

Apr 19, 2018, 6:56:20 PM4/19/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
It is fixed now

Markus Valta

Apr 20, 2018, 3:34:05 AM4/20/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
Hey Lamp, thanks for the answer. Well, it doesn't work.
When I enter the console there's already the yellow exclamation mark with the link you provided. Also I have no idea what to do when I read this stuff.
'MPP.piano.audio.context.resume()' does not work when entered into the console.

Am Freitag, 20. April 2018 00:56:20 UTC+2 schrieb Lamp:
It is fixed now

Lamp

Apr 20, 2018, 2:16:31 PM4/20/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
Brandon fixed it yesterday. There should be an alert box about sound, and then you click anywhere and sound will work.