how to put multiplayer piano client when the server is created.

lolsuperscratch

Nov 2, 2018, 4:17:53 PM11/2/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
in the github. there is the multiplayer piano client here.

when using glitch.com but doesnt work but the mpp clients are here.

glitch.com giving error when using multiplayer piano client.

is there way to put multiplayer piano client like putting server on (but heroku).

Bop It Freak

Nov 2, 2018, 4:30:18 PM11/2/18
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, November 2, 2018 at 4:17:53 PM UTC-4, lolsuperscratch wrote:
in the github. there is the multiplayer piano client here.

maybe because it doesn't support https? Your best bet is to use a free web hosting service. Or you could use repl.ithttps://repl.it/@BopIt/vfd-multiplayerpiano-client-express

Lamp

Nov 2, 2018, 5:22:41 PM11/2/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
works fine for me, using an express server https://dandy-basilisk.glitch.me/

problem is glitch.com hosts assets separately on a cdn so you can't just upload all the audio files and images and have it work as usual; you have to copy the unique url of every single asset (88 keys + a bunch of icons) and paste their urls in the code. In my test I just set the gSoundPath to another site for the keys to work.

Lamp

Nov 2, 2018, 5:37:27 PM11/2/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
hmm apparently you can clone a git repo with assets. I just cloned mpp.terrium.net and it works perfectly https://ledlamp-mpp-terrium-net.glitch.me/

you say you cloned an mpp client from github? what repo did you clone, vfd-multiplayerpiano? just tested that and looks like you'll have to replace all /piano/ with /client/src/

Lamp

Nov 2, 2018, 5:37:49 PM11/2/18
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
and wow glitch is pretty cool