How to restore MIDI I/O on MPP

Lamp

Sep 28, 2019, 4:44:39 PM9/28/19
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
As of Chrome 77, regular web MIDI is no longer permitted on insecure origins (sites with "http://" and not "https://" (the latter means HTTP over TLS)), which means web MIDI no longer works in Multiplayer Piano because it has no support for TLS (Transport Layer Security) because Brandon hates it for some reason and is too stubborn to set it up. So to work-around it and get MIDI I/O working again, you'll have to enable a Chrome flag to make Chrome pretend that http://www.multiplayerpiano.com is a secure origin: Navigate to chrome://flags/#unsafely-treat-insecure-origin-as-secure (copy and paste into a new tab if necessary), change Disabled to Enabled, and type `http://www.multiplayerpiano.com` into the text box like so:

Then click to restart your browser and MIDI should be working in MPP again.

scamo...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2019, 2:30:30 PM10/7/19
to Multiplayer Piano Forum
I half expected this to be "Email Brandon and tell him to fucking enable it"

August Berchelmann

Oct 7, 2019, 2:45:56 PM10/7/19
to mpp-...@googlegroups.com
Brandon seems to be offline atm.