Muskegon Public School

myview

Apr 23, 2009, 1:40:55 AM4/23/09
to mpolitics
I am on a rant again. Sorry folks but, I am ticked off. I am still
paying on taxes for the last up grade. The school hurries up to made
a standard on GPA of a whooping 2.00 average to play sports, stating
that's what is required to get in to college. But are they teaching
these individuals at a 2.00 level or are they going to mainstreaming?
I read the articles on and they didn't have the resources (ie funds)
to teach the team to get the grade.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/04/muskegon_school_board_sets_min.html

myview

Apr 23, 2009, 2:00:29 AM4/23/09
to mpolitics

mdancer

Apr 23, 2009, 10:53:18 AM4/23/09
to mpolitics
"When you have low standards, you have low expectations"

From what I read in the second article, there are only three players
that have lousy GPAs. They can't afford to tutor THREE students??
When Daughter was attempting HS Chemistry, the teacher refused to
tutor her. The MATH teacher OFFERED when he asked how Kate was doing
during a P/T Conference for Son! He said,
"I have detention duty every Wednesday, I tutor so I'll have something
to do"

Don't know what Montague's standards are, but I know of a couple
soccer players that got benched because they were on "academic
probation". But of course, soccer isn't "precious-darling football",
either.

On Apr 23, 2:00 am, myview <oakviewneigh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> More of the on going story
>
> http://blog.mlive.com/chronicle/2008/10/muskegon_school_board_weighs_...
> On Apr 23, 1:40 am, myview <oakviewneigh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I am on a rant again.  Sorry folks but, I am ticked off.  I am still
> > paying on taxes for the last up grade.  The school hurries up to made
> > a standard on GPA of a whooping 2.00 average to play sports, stating
> > that's what is required to get in to college.  But are they teaching
> > these individuals at a 2.00 level or are they going to mainstreaming?
> > I read the articles on and they didn't have the resources (ie funds)
> > to teach the team to get the grade.
>
> >http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/04/muskegon_school_...- Hide quoted text -

myview

Apr 23, 2009, 1:27:58 PM4/23/09
to mpolitics
Yes it is pretty sad when they say a few months ago that they said
they didn't have the funds to tutor. I don't get this new
superintendent views on. He didn't think taxpayers should be angry
over no standard GPA for sports. Education should be the first
priority in my book.