Thank you Omni!

mdancer

May 7, 2009, 5:37:58 PM5/7/09
to mpolitics
Just left a message for Wade at Shoreline Insurancy Agency to set up a
meeting so I can write some checks and sign some papers for our auto
and homeowners through Citizens Insurance. Wade was prompt, bumped
our coverage and for the $150 more (likely because of the bumped
coverage) it is WORTH IT to go with him. He was even able to drop one
of Son's speeding tickets (I told him he had two on record, which was
according to AAA).

He asked how I heard about Shoreline and when I told him it was from a
recommedation on a Muskegon Based Internet Forum (because I couldn't
remember if it was here or at TT), he laughed and said,
"A forum? Now THAT'S a first!"

And........for the second time this week I was down at White Lake
Agency bitching because I got a bill for the AAA Membership that I
paid for on April 15 and we STILL haven't gotten our AAA cards. After
I meet with Wade, my next stop will be at White Lake Agency to cancel!

Don't know if they give "finders discounts", but if you're comfortable
enough to shoot me an email with your real name, I'll let Wade know
exactly who recommended Shoreline

Thanks again!
Liz

racer1488

May 7, 2009, 11:35:43 PM5/7/09
to mpolitics
Have the exact same story as yours dancer. Left White Lake and went
to Shoreline. Since left Shore, found better price somewhere else.
Still have home coverage there.

mdancer

May 8, 2009, 12:12:53 AM5/8/09
to mpolitics
You too, Racer?? A "short as I could make it version" of my experience
is in the "chirp chirp" thread below. Been monkeying around with
White Lake Agency since March 5th. One clerk hightails it to the
bathroom as soon as I walk in now :D (which is fine with me, she is
rude and I'd rather not deal with her)

Don't want to slander anyone but was your WL agent's initails GN ?
Trying to figure out if its the Agency as a whole, the particular
agent, or the clerks that are responsible for my horrible
experience.

Worked in the insurance industry for a couple years and I know that if
a policy cancels shortly after it is written that the agent gets the
commission charged back, ie: he loses it!. That is my motivation.
Commission ranges from 5%-100% of the first years premium, depending
on the insurance/commission schedule/company/etc. Money talks much
louder than complaining.

I've worked in four different places on commission sales (insurance,
flooring, furniture and window coverings) and the best compliment I
got was when customers followed me to my new job location. And many
"repeat offenders" hunted me down!!! Accuracy, honesty and customer
service beats price points, especially with big ticket items.
> > Liz- Hide quoted text -

Omni

May 8, 2009, 9:05:02 AM5/8/09
to mpolitics

On May 7, 5:37 pm, mdancer <eb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just left a message for Wade at Shoreline Insurancy Agency to set up a
> meeting ...

Ha! That's awesome.

Wade's good people. I've been in close contact with him for the last
few weeks as we iron out a new homeowners policy.

Glad I could help you out. I've always been in favor of supporting
local business and especially the ones that go the extra mile. In the
few years I've had Wade as an agent, he's always been prompt,
courteous, and helpful. I'm quite sure you'll be happy with him. He
calls once a year to let me know he's reviewed our policy and we're
still with the right insurance company. (Shoreline being just a
broker) Whether he actually checks is irrelevant, just the call is
reassuring enough.

Have yourself a great day and a better weekend!

Mike

racer1488

May 8, 2009, 9:30:43 PM5/8/09
to mpolitics
Too many years to remember. What day is it...lol. I dealt with a
very nice lady. 40 maybe, had glasses I think. Premium went up too
much with 2 kids in high school at the time. Plus they started not to
return phone calls as I remember. Acted like they were doing me a
favor. Guy at church told me about Shoreline.