Max & Marley's Dog House

1 view

BrendanPelto

Apr 28, 2009, 5:23:44 PM4/28/09
to mpolitics
Opens on Friday. Across the street from The Harbor. Hot Dogs(many many
different kinds of hot dogs), Hamburgers and Ice Cream.

authoress

Apr 29, 2009, 7:34:34 AM4/29/09
to mpolitics
On Apr 28, 5:23 pm, BrendanPelto <brendanpe...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Opens on Friday. Across the street from The Harbor. Hot Dogs(many many
> different kinds of hot dogs), Hamburgers and Ice Cream.

This is good news! An old-fashioned cool restaurant in Lakeside ...
yay!!!

Omni

Apr 29, 2009, 10:15:27 AM4/29/09
to mpolitics

> On Apr 28, 5:23 pm, BrendanPelto <brendanpe...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Opens on Friday. Across the street from The Harbor. Hot Dogs(many many
> > different kinds of hot dogs), Hamburgers and Ice Cream.

Will have to check it out.

Would be nice if something succeeded down there. Nice area, nice
people.

mdancer

Apr 29, 2009, 10:28:43 AM4/29/09
to mpolitics
10:27 in the morning is too early in the day to be craving a hot dog.
Thanks alot, Brendan, thanks a lot ;)

BrendanPelto

May 2, 2009, 3:01:25 PM5/2/09
to mpolitics
They have been quite busy the last 2 days. Hopefully it keeps up - and
over flows into the theater. People have been fighting over parking
spaces.

Particles

May 2, 2009, 6:19:10 PM5/2/09
to mpolitics
Both times I drove by there today they were packed. Hotdogs are hot
right now. heh.

...and everyone should go see Sunshine Cleaning @ The Harbor
Theater. :)

BrendanPelto

May 2, 2009, 11:04:22 PM5/2/09
to mpolitics
I agree with both of your statements. I have had 6 hot dogs in 4 days.
That is about 6 more than I normally would have.

racer1488

May 3, 2009, 1:44:56 AM5/3/09
to mpolitics
Brendan, Have you tried Chicago style yet? If so does it taste like
the real thing, that is if you ever had one in Chi Town? And what is
the cost?

BrendanPelto

May 3, 2009, 10:35:45 AM5/3/09
to mpolitics
The only hot dog I have had at Max & Marley's was The Texas Dog.

The Chicago Dog description on the menu sounded true to form.

mdancer

May 3, 2009, 1:47:05 PM5/3/09
to mpolitics
6 hot dogs and they were all the same kind, Brendan?! Guess you can
vouch that the Texas Dog is good :D

Wish I got down to Muskegon more often, its rare if I go there more
than once a month....I love hot dogs but Hubby doesn't; so we only
have them when I say,
"I want a hot dog, dammit!"
Recommended it to the kids! They get out more ;)

BrendanPelto

May 3, 2009, 2:42:56 PM5/3/09
to mpolitics
Actually, I ended up at G&L more than once in the last few days. Once
before Max & Marley's was open, and once because it was located just
feet away from where my pregnant wife got hungry...

I had the Texas Dogs at Max & Marleys because I fear trying new things
(like unfamiliar Chili Topping, who knows what lurks inside!), and BBQ
Sauce and Bacon are close friends.

I will get the Texas Dog again soon though, thumbs up.

authoress

May 3, 2009, 4:59:50 PM5/3/09
to mpolitics
I just ate 2 chili dogs ... but didn't go out to get 'em because I
don't feel like fixing my hair and putting on makeup. So, looking
scanky and not giving a rip, I cooked them myself. :-)

Omni

May 5, 2009, 9:06:53 AM5/5/09
to mpolitics
On more than one occasion I have visited Plumbs in Birkenstocks,
pajama pants, and a wife beater... But I really have no shame. :o)

authoress

May 5, 2009, 9:22:04 AM5/5/09
to mpolitics
So that weird, half-dressed guy I saw was YOU!

Omni

May 5, 2009, 9:51:40 AM5/5/09
to mpolitics

On May 5, 9:22 am, authoress <authores...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So that weird, half-dressed guy I saw was YOU!

Hard to say, I'm certainly not the only fashion challenged individual
I have seen in that store...

But if said weirdo had a 12 pk of Coors Light and a 1/2 lb bag of
Peanut M&Ms, then yes... it was me. :o)